Click on the below forms and you can bring the completed form either into the department, mail, fax or email.

Animal Control Complaint
Any kind of complaint that you have on domestic or wild animals please fill out this form as completely as possible.  

Bad Check Form

If you have received an NSF check from a subject you must send them a 10-day notice. If they do not respond bring us the paperwork and we can assist in charges. If you receive an Account Closed check you can bring the paperwork in without sending a 10-day notice.

Bicycle Registration
Bring this form in and you will receive a bike registration sticker free of charge.  This allows the police department to track your bike if it is found after being lost or stolen.

Business Contact Form

In case of open doors, alarms or emergencies we try and keep updated contact forms on businesses in the Osage city limits.
Crime and Complaint Form
If you would like to file a complaint regarding a crime or other suspicious activity please fill out this form.  If you so choose to fill in your information it will remain confidential. 

Employment Application
The Osage Iowa Police Department is not currently hiring officers.

Identity Theft Paperwork

Do you think you have been a victim of identity theft? You can fill out this packet and then bring it to us so we can assist with a case number and any other questions you may have.

Parade Permit
All Parades in the Osage city limits require this form to be filled out.  Please do so at least 4 weeks in advance.

Security Check Request

Fill this out for your next vacation away and the Osage Police Department will keep an eye on your home or business for you.

Good Shepherd, Inc. in Mason City, Iowa provides a free Telephone Reassurance Program to all Senior Citizens in the surrounding counties including Mitchell County. At a specific time each day, 7 days a week, an operator will call the subscriber or the subscriber may choose to call in to report that they are all right. If there is no answer to our repeated calls, someone designated by the caller will be sent to check on the subscriber. 
The Osage Police Department encourages our senior citizen’s to utilize this program. For additional information please call Good Shepherd, Inc at 800-392-6638.

The Osage Police Department provides free firearm safetykits to local residents through a partnership with Project ChildSafe, the nationwide firearms safety education program. Each kit contains a safety curriculum and a cable-style gun lock. The locks fit on most types of handguns, rifles and shotguns. The goal is to prevent a child or any other unauthorized person from accessing a firearm in your home.

Officer Rick LaGue is a certified technician through the National Child Passenger Safety Program.  Officer LaGue will be able to answer any questions you  have regarding child safety seats and demonstrate how to install the seat correctly.

If you would like to schedule an appointment with Officer LaGue please call the Osage Police Department at 641-732-3777.

The Osage Police Department works with the Salvation Army to provide assistance to those in need in Mitchell County.  Those assisted must fall within the Salvation Army Voucher Guidelines. Types of assistance include: Groceries/Meals, Utilities/Rent, Lodging, Transportation (Gas) and Special Projects   
The money used in Mitchell County is gathered by the Red Kettle Campaign held each year during the holiday season and through donations throughout the year.
If you would like more information on volunteering or assistance please contact Sarah Krukow at the below address, phone number or email.

The Osage Police department offers the residents of Osage a House and/or Business Security Watch.  Residents may contact the agency prior to a vacation or business trip and request that a patrol car make periodic checks by their home or business while they are away.  Simply contact the department at (641) 732-3777 prior to your departure and request a house/business watch.
 Remember, even with the police watching your home, good neighbors are the best defense against criminal activity. Get to know your neighbors and watch out for each other!

Services & Forms

Iowa law requires that all vehicles that have a Salvage title to be physically examined by an officer that has been certified by the Iowa Law Enforcement Academy to conduct examinations.
After you obtain the appropriate salvage title you will need per Iowa law, have all your receipts gathered and the vehicle is repaired to fix all defects (except body markings, trim, paint and airbag replacement per Iowa Code and Administrative rule) then you will need to go to the following link to complete the necessary information and to make payment;
Call our department for an appointment after completing your online form. 641-732-3777

Do not flush your old medications down the toilet or thrown them out! We will take all prescription and over the counter medication and dispose of them properly. They do not have to be in the original container but we will get rid of those also.


Osage Police Department
CALL US  +1.6417323777